All of our Medical Exercise Specialists go through rigorous specialized training and continue to perfect their craft by periodically understudying our referring surgeons, physicians, and physical therapists.
These Re-Kinect standards insure we have the skills and knowledge to fully understand and address the source of your condition.
Our sole focus is helping you move better so you can move more, get stronger and get on with your life!
Meet The Practice Owner
Amanda Harris, MEd, MES, RAS
Owner, Exercise Physiologist / Medical Exercise Specialistst
Amanda specializes in working with people who have chronic low back pain for any number of reasons, including disc herniation, spinal stenosis and various spinal surgeries. In addition, she has extensive experience working with those who have undergone total knee, hip or shoulder replacement.
Amanda has over 20 years of experience in post-rehabilitative and medical exercise and is passionate about helping people return to the activities they enjoy after injury or surgery.
Amanda’s credentials include:
- Master’s Degree: Exercise Physiology from the University of Virginia
- Certification: Medical Exercise Specialist from the Medical Exercise Training Institute
- Certification: Medical Exercise Specialist from the American Association of Health, Fitness and Rehab Professionals
- Certification: RedCord Active Specialist by RedCord International
- Certification: NueroKinetic Therapy Level 1
- Trained: Pilates Instructor from STOTT Pilates
We would love to help you get moving again!
Not only do our professionals need to be great culture fits; exuding warmth, dedication, and drive, but they also must commit to ongoing education and professional development. Re-Kinect practitioners log far more continuing education hours each year than the industry standard for Fitness or Physical Therapy. The Medical Exercise Specialist Credential requires they add depth to their understanding of anatomy and physiology by adding the pathology of injury, surgery, and many medical conditions.