All of our Medical Exercise Specialists go through rigorous specialized training and continue to perfect their craft by periodically understudying our referring surgeons, physicians, and physical therapists.
These Re-Kinect standards insure we have the skills and knowledge to fully understand and address the source of your condition.
Our sole focus is helping you move better so you can move more, get stronger and get on with your life!
Team Degrees and Credentials
Meet the Re-Kinect Team
Amanda Harris, MEd, MES, RAS
Owner, Exercise Physiologist / Medical Exercise Specialistst
Amanda specializes in working with people who have chronic low back pain for any number of reasons, including disc herniation, spinal stenosis and various spinal surgeries. In addition, she has extensive experience working with those who have undergone total knee, hip or shoulder replacement.
Amanda has over 20 years of experience in post-rehabilitative and medical exercise and is passionate about helping people return to the activities they enjoy after injury or surgery.
Amanda’s credentials include:
- Master’s Degree in Exercise Physiology from the University of Virginia
- Certification as a Medical Exercise Specialist from the American Association of Health, Fitness and Rehab Professionals
- Certification as an Exercise Physiologist from the American College of Sports Medicine
- Certification as a RedCord Active Specialist by RedCord AS
- Certification as a Pilates Instructor from STOTT Pilates
Mary Tavares, MA
Mary has been practicing yoga and Pilates for over 18 years and, teaching several fitness disciplines for 8. Her movement background includes: competitive gymnastics, collegiate track, cross country, and modern dance. Mary also appreciates the knowledge and empathy she has gained from her personal injuries, alignment issues and chronic pain. She is looking forward to sharing her wisdom and joy of movement with you at Re-Kinect.
Mary's credentials include:
- Bachelor’s of Arts Degree in Health and Physical Education, Exercise Science from University of North Carolina Wilmington
- Masters of Arts in Environmental Studies from University of North Carolina Wilmington
- Certification as a Personal Trainer from Aerobics and Fitness Association of America
- Certification as a Group Exercise Instructor from American Council on Exercise
- Certification as a Pilates Instructor through BASI Pilates (*Pending final examination 2020)
- Certifications as a 200 hour Registered Yoga Teacher through the Yoga Alliance
- Certifications as an instructor in TRX and YogaFit
We would love to help you get moving again!
Not only do our professionals need to be great culture fits; exuding warmth, dedication, and drive, but they also must commit to ongoing education and professional development. Re-Kinect practitioners log far more continuing education hours each year than the industry standard for Fitness or Physical Therapy. The Medical Exercise Specialist Credential requires they add depth to their understanding of anatomy and physiology by adding the pathology of injury, surgery, and many medical conditions.